See below for links to important resources to help individuals, community groups and the private sector work together to prevent domestic and family violence, and sexual harassment, and to support those affected.
for all that’s uncertain right now, what’s clear is that we need to be looking after one another. Particularly, vulnerable families for which home is not a safe place during isolation. As one of the largest employers in Queensland, the resources sector has a role to play in reducing domestic and family violence." Ian Macfarlane, QRC Chief Executive
- MCA’s Respect @ Work Toolkit has been produced to support the resources industry in the implementation of the Minerals industry’s commitment to eliminating sexual harassment and the Industry Code on Eliminating Sexual Harassment. The toolkit comprises downloadable Fact Sheets, Guidance and Templates.
- The ‘Not Now, Not Ever’ Report recommends that individuals, community groups and the private sector work together to help prevent domestic and family violence, and to support those affected.
- The ‘Workplace responses to domestic and family violence during COVID-19‘ document from Male Champions of Change highlights some simple steps that workplaces can take to support staff, adjust existing systems to suit the COVID-19 context, and refer to frontline services where appropriate.
- These free resources will assist companies seeking to manage risk to their staff, their families, and the broader Australian community. Resources are in a range of mediums (posters, information cards, as well as longer booklets) and are presented in English, Creole, and Wik language.
- The Queensland Government also provides a series of brochures and wallet cards including resources catering specifically for Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Click here to access the White Ribbon Australia website.
- Click here to access resources provided by the Australian Government on family violence.
QRC commends the above resources to you, and welcomes any comments or questions to be directed to us at [email protected].