2022 Minesite Rehabilitation Scholarships now open
Applications for the 2022 Minesite Rehabilitation Scholarships are now open. Applications close 10 December 2021.
Two postgraduate scholarships are on offer in 2022 for innovative research into ways to improve land rehabilitation measures for Queensland coal mines.
Applications may be aligned to one or more of the following research priorities:
- Sustainable post-mining land uses including:
- native ecosystem rehabilitation esp. listed communities and success criteria,
- rehabilitation of agricultural land esp. subsidence impacts, and
- landform design including final voids.
- Measurement of rehabilitation success esp. new and emerging technologies.
- Water management impacts – surface and groundwater quantity and quality.
- Mine closure and transition esp. working with communities to identify rehabilitation outcomes, meeting regional planning expectations, and evaluation of residual risk.
Other relevant areas of environmental management for coal mining may be considered such as carbon sequestration from rehabilitated land and cumulative impacts.
For more information on the scholarships, click here.