Home - About
The Queensland Resources Council is a not-for-profit peak industry association representing the commercial developers of Queensland’s minerals and energy resources.
QRC works to secure an environment conducive to the long-term sustainability of minerals and energy sectors in Queensland.
In close collaboration with member companies, kindred organisations, regional partners and key stakeholders, the QRC works to achieve positive outcomes for QRC members.
Resourcing Queensland’s Future:
QRC aims to be:
- Exemplary: a leading corporate citizen, ethical and responsive in all dealings with members, our people and stakeholders
- Representative: effective in providing representation across the entire Queensland minerals and energy sector
- Influential: respected by, and influential with governments, the community and the media, reflecting the quality of our policy advice and analysis
- Strategic: focused on strategies to secure long-term sustainability of the minerals and energy sector
- Leading: recognised widely for our leadership role b resource sector stakeholders
- Trusted: carries a high degree of confidence and expectation from our stakeholders
QRC’s role is support the long-term sustainability of the minerals and energy sector in Queensland by:
- Promoting the industry
- Engaging government
- Encouraging excellence
The Queensland Resources Council was formed in November 2003, succeeding the Queensland Mining Council in recognition of the organisation’s increasingly diversified membership base and vision for the future.
Today, QRC presents explorers, miners, mineral processors, contractors, oil and gas producers and electricity generators.
Together, these industries are the mainstay of the Queensland economy and significant contributors to the economic well-being of Australia.